The other night Brandon and I were blessed with the opportunity to go to the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional at the conference center (thanks for the tickets Christina). It was so good!! Both Brandon and I left feeling very uplifted. All three of the talks were so amazing and really stuck with me. One thing that really hit me in particular was when President Monson spoke of the inn-keeper who turned Jospeh and Mary away and how he had to live with that forever as the one who said "there is no room for you".
It has made me think about what I can do in my life to make sure I am never like that inn-keeper. I hope to always have room in my life to be charitable, loving & kind to everyone and to make sure that there is always room for Christ in my life.
I have also, since the devotional, been trying to think of ways to teach the true meaning of Christmas to my kids in a better way. I know that they know it's Jesus' birhtday, but that is about the extent of it. Is it possible with the excitement of presents, Santa, parties, candy, etc., etc., etc. to get them past all of that and really make them realize what it's all about???
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
(we have the same christmas background! :)) that devotional was amamzing. i struggle with the same questions, how can we make it more about Christ and less about presents, santa, reindeer, etc? it is so hard!
check out this blog
http://christcenteredtraditions.blogspot.com/
i found it blog hopping this week. it is AWESOME! There are some GREAT ideas to focus more on Christ during the holidays.
I still need to watch the devotional. that is great you were able to go. We were hoping to get tickets to go for our anniversary that was on sunday, but we didnt realize we needed to order the tickets in Oct! :) I am glad you guys were able to go. that is awesome!!
Hey I found your blog through brooklyn I just thought you might want to keep updated with us. if you do www.thezengerfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment