Thursday, January 29, 2009

Looking back...

I thought that it would be fun to have my first post in the new year include a little bit of reflection on the past year. So here goes. 2008 was an incredible year. Of course the most amazing thing was my sweet family being sealed in the temple. WOW!!! Never thought that I would be able to look back on that moment. Another amazing moment was our first black President being voted into office. While Brandon and I were at odds throughout the year over who we were going to vote for I have to say I cried throughout Obama's entire acceptant speech and again throughout the entire Innauguration. Even though I didn't vote for him I love how much he loves and respects his wife. I think he is a really good role model for my son and I'm loving him more and more every day. (I'm still right though honey.) Here are a few other things for me to remember about 2008...

Favorite book....."The Shack" (seriously changed my whole outlook on life)
Favorite movie...."Twilight" ( I know it's silly, but it's true)
Favorite TV show...."The Office"
Favorite new resteraunt...."Yapona"
Favorite veteran resteraunt...."Texas Roadhouse"
Favorite past time.... Family walks & watching Funniest Home Videos with my kids.
Favorite person of 2008.... My sweet, incredible, sexy husband who will always be my favorite person!!!!!!!

2008 was a great year for me and I am really excited for 2009. I truly have a feeling that it's going to be an awesome year. How could it not be, I have 3 beautiful kids whom I really look forward to waking up to every single day. And I have a husband whom somehow I refall in love with every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY I truly thank my Heavenly Father for every moment that I get to spend with this family that I get to call mine. I guess the big question of 2009 is whether or not there is another little person waiting to be a part of our family. Brandon says NO, my kids say YES, and I am just very confused.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

i vote a definite YES with your kids! :) you guys just make such cuties, i think you should keep on making them! what a sweet post, i love how you talk about brandon and your family!

Brooke and BJ said...

Stephanie you are just too cute for words!

Flake Family said...

You have beautiful healthy kids and are amazing parents. If anyone can do it....its you! :) I'm so glad you were sealed last year. You did have a great year! I'm So happy for you!

Courtney said...

Love to hear the recap- I have to admit the idea that another little one might be a question is news. I thought it was three. with a period. I can't see where 2009 takes you- you deserve all of the best.

Graham Fam said...

You are so cute. I'm loving all the great things of 2008. I'm so sorry to hear Zach had surgery. I hope he is doing well. Lorelei just had surgery on Monday for tonsils and adenoids. It has not been fun. You have such a cute family and I miss you.