Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sad News

This past Monday the sweet secretary at my kids elementary school (Susan Alleman) received word that her son had been killed while fighting in Afghanistan. He left behind a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful little boys. While we have sent her flowers, cards and money for a cause that he was heading up before he died, I just can't help but feeling like I need to do more. I know that there is really nothing I can do for them accept to keep them in my prayers. When I pulled up to school this morning to drop the kids off the front of the school was lined with the American flag and I just cried. It was such a strong surge of so many emotions. Pride, sadness, love for my country, hate for this evil world. I can't even explain the feelings going on inside of me at that moment. If everybody would please keep this sweet family in their prayers that would be great. Also, the school is collecting money to go towards balls and dolls for the children of Iraq in Michael Alleman's honor. This was what he was trying to do before he died. If anybody is interested in donating even the smallest amount then please feel free. Checks can be made out to Susan Alleman and sent to Cedar Ridge Elementary, c/o Susan Hansen.

1 comment:

Flake Family said...

I'm sorry to hear news like that. I can't even imagine having to go through something like that. We will keep them in our prayers.