Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'll Have a Blue Christmas...

Just one week and 2 days before Christmas Zachary underwent major surgery. He had a deviated septum, and enlarged Turbinates (I don't know what those are either) in both nostrils, which were causing him to get sinus infections and severe headaches.


In the beginning the doctor wanted to wait until Zach was 10 before doing such a major surgery, but several headaches and a few cat-scans later the doctor decided the sooner the better. We didn't realize that by sooner he meant 12 days sooner.
So our brave boy consented, sort of, and missed the last week of school before Christmas break, missed his cub scout Christmas party and set out on a journey that will hopefully end with no more headaches! Is all mom can say is thank goodness for Nintendo DS's.

5 comments:

Flake Family said...

Poor little Zach!! Wow, what a huge deal. Not fun right at Christmas time. I am convinced that this is the year of Surgery. My little brother had surgery yesterday and that made it so each family on my side had major surgery of some kind. Yeah for 2009! I will be celebrating the new year like never before!! I give you a hug and one for Zach too!! Merry Christmas!! Love ya.

Suzette Bradford said...

Zach, you are so brave! Your Idaho cousins hope you feel better soon and enjoy Christmas. We'll see you in January for Grandpa's birthday!

Sarah said...

What a trooper! How is he doing? Thank goodness for modern medicine and cat scans, hopefully not having the headaches and sinus infections makes such a major surgery at such a young age totally worth it!

Kelly said...

Poor guy. Andy (Jamie's hubby) just went through that same thing. Hopefully he will be ok for Christmas. Hope to see you at the Zenger's. If not Merry Christmas

buzz5150 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.